Friday 22 June 2012

Certain sense of achievement



 

Spread the word – I’m a publisher with three titles to my list! You hope, but you can’t always quite believe, that you’ll manage it while in the middle of negotiations with everybody and doing all the project-management from typesetting to cover image sourcing. I’ve been lucky to work with some very talented artists and designers and brought out three distinctly different novels. It did cross my mind to publish a very plain wrapper and use lettering instead of artwork, but preferred to develop different covers for each novel and reflect their own characters. 

It’s been a week or so without much time for reflection as I’ve concentrated on packing and posting a massive advance and new order list for The Two Linties. If you’re not familiar with Lintie, may I recommend someone who finds that interesting things happen in kitchens, even if you’re not a natural cook? 



No comments:

Post a Comment